Celeb Gossip, Top News

Ryan Buell: Where Are They Now?

10/8/2016

Ryan Buell:  Where Are They Now?

Is the latest celebrity scandal just another case of the all-too-familiar “Dr. Feel Goods”  and coat tail riders? Some seem to think so.

At the height of controversy and public outcry surrounding his “Conversations of the Dead” tour, Ryan Daniel Buell was arrested on September 18th, 2016 for Theft of leased property, receiving stolen property and theft of services, (2 Felony and 1 misdemeanor charge).  This comes at a time that Ryan was gaining attention in the paranormal scene for being one of the most scandalous celebrities the field has ever seen.  The question that remains unanswered is, did Ryan do this alone? Did he end up in jail facing prison time with thousands of angry fans and hundreds of thousands of dollars  allegedly conned from ticket sales, twitch events, merchandise, raffles, and even charging for phone calls to “speak to the star” on his own?

Ryan Daniel Buell’s recent arrest and charges.Docket Number MJ-49101-CR-0000274-2016

c1

Buell’s highly successful hit series, “Paranormal State” in which he served as Co-Exec Producer, ran for six seasons on A&E with the final episode aired on May 2, 2011.  His memoir, “Paranormal State: My Journey into the Unknown” was released in 2010.  Buell was also Executive Producer for a feature film, “American Ghost Hunter”, with his former partner, Chad Calek with a 41 city tour for the film to follow.  It appeared that Ryan Daniel Buell was on top of the world, doing what he loved and a pioneer in the field.  He led the way for so many others interested in the paranormal but in 2012, Ryan announced to a stunned world that he had pancreatic cancer.  He begged his fans to be patient as he would not be able to fulfill his commitment to his tour.  Prayers, love and patience were given in multitude by his fans and followers.  It was devastating news.

Paranormal State‘s Ryan Buell on His Cancer Battle: ‘I Had to Go to Death’s Door’

12141748_10153650789704154_8835010772536629867_n

Paranormal State’s Ryan Buell on Cancer Battle: ‘I Had to Go to Death’s Door’

Ryan’s circle of friends from the show and his business partners continued to support him, as they all had events and projects they were working on together. Michelle Belanger, Author and “Occult Expert”, Chad Calek (American Ghost Hunter), Chip Coffey, Psychic Medium and of course, Sergey Poberezhny the ever faithful from PRS and Paranormal

State.  New players also entered the picture…Chris Edwards,  who In a statement by Michelle Bellanger said, “after Chip Coffey bowed out”, Michelle

was asked to fill in at which point Chris Edwards handled all bookings and rescheduling for the “Conversations of the Dead” tour.Based on the content shared on social media and former reality show partner and star Michelle Belanger.

As Ryan took time to “heal” from his alleged cancer, his close-knit business partners continued to keep the money ball rolling.  There were videos, books, events, tickets and merchandise to sell of which were time after time paid for, never delivered.  Fans began to get suspicious and lose patience when a picture of Ryan surfaced of him riding a jet ski in The Bahamas. People began demanding their money back for cancelled events and merchandise not delivered.

This last year, Ryan scheduled another tour after a miraculous recovery with Chip Coffey and Michelle Belanger with ticket sales alleged to be in excess of $80,000.00 but with no venues or hotels even booked.

Long time friend Chip Coffey,speaks out about the particular event.

10418240_10152463403519154_6143913951092016923_n

Both Chip and Michelle withdrew from the tour as it was becoming very clear, there were no events.  Ryan’s following dwindled following another hard hit in which fans again, lost their money and confidence in him.  Fans were left with the realization that not only would they not get their money back but also began to question if he ever had cancer.  (It’s hard to imagine that every one in this circle might have even known this, but said nothing because maybe they had a vested interest as well?).

Over the past several months, the pleas from Camp Ryan have been more desperate than ever, asking fans to send money for merchandise, raffles and phone calls with Ryan. Again, paid for and never delivered.  Suspicions were aroused as Sergey and Ryan were evicted from the apartment because they were unable to pay rent.  Where did the money go? Ryan’s mother released a public statement, pleading for help.  She asked that fans stop “enabling him” by sending money.  She pled for her son back. The new players, Ben Lorigan and Chris Edwards tried very hard to keep her pleas for help silent, it is rumored by deleting her comments and blocking her from all of his social media platforms.

On September 18th, following Ryan Buells’ arrest, there were certainly no answers from his associates, only quick statements separating themselves from him.  Fans were left to form their own opinions about what might have happened to cause this successful, bright young man that started out so driven and talented to hit rock bottom.  Addiction has been the popular speculation.  If this is true, it only raises more questions.

One statement that sort of confirmed the questions, was Buell addicted or did Buell have a serious substance issue.A recent release  seen by his former friend and business partner Chad Calec read as follows.

Former business associate Chad Calek comes forward about Ryan Daniel Buell accuses Buell of being a drug addict.

Chad Calek

about 2 weeks ago

THE STRUGGLES OF RYAN BUELL

Hello, everyone.

Out of respect for Ryan Buell’s Mother, I’m going to keep this very short.

Although I’ve not seen Ryan for over three years, I have received one text from him this year, as well as one text from him last year, in which on both occasions, Ryan just expressed that he missed me and hoped all was well with myself and my loved ones. I only offer this up because I truly do not have any information about his current situation beyond what has been written in the article about his recent arrest.

In regard to Ryan’s “condition”, after reading Ryan’s Mother’s plea to the public, I would be truly surprised if anyone at this point is unaware that Ryan is suffering from addiction. This isn’t anything new. This has been going on, at different levels, with different substances, for as long as I’ve known Ryan.

Like many of you, over time I had also come to suspect that Ryan was not suffering from pancreatic cancer for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, it appears as though my suspicions were correct, as I just learned from reading his mother’s message that Ryan does not have cancer, as his mother states this as a fact in her public plea for help. I don’t know if this means that he never had cancer, or that he is now currently cancer-free. But if Ryan did in fact lie about having cancer, that would be a truly deplorable act, as my wife and I both personally shed tears in Ryan’s presence when he told us both of his diagnosis, as my wife also lost her mother a few years ago to lung cancer. Needless to say, I would not wish that hell on anyone. I can also say that if Ryan has beat his pancreatic cancer, he certainly never made me or the public aware of this.

And last, but not least, I would like to commend the strength of Ryan’s Mother, as I can’t imagine what she must be going through.

While nobody but Ryan Buell is responsible for Ryan Buell’s actions, he’s just someone that has lost his way. Let’s be clear about that. He’s not Captain America. He’s not some demon-slaying ghost hunter on a mission from God.

He’s a human being. He’s a brother. He’s a son to a mother and a father.

He’s done wrong to many people in which only he can make things right with everyone that he has hurt, which includes his immediate family, his friends and his fans.

But this is obviously going to take some time. And as someone who has overcome my own past battles with addiction, I can tell you that all things are possible through love and faith.

Right now, I’m praying that Ry’s mother will get her son back, so that he may regain his health and have the chance to make amends.

In closing, I think it’s very important to understand that Ryan’s Mother is correct. Only his family knows the full extent of what is going on, as they are on the “inside”.

With that being the case, I’ve stated what I know and how I feel. From here, I consider this to be a family matter, in which I will continue to pray that Ryan will someday return home to his loving mother in good health, ready to accept what needs to be accomplished in order give his entire family the chance to be “whole” once again.

– Chad Calek

Where are the people who have supported him since the formation of PRS?  Why would they allow him to continue with the public and self deception, knowing where the money was going?  What about the people that were riding his coat tails of success so intently for their own gain?  What about Sergey who was asking for money right along with him, his roommate?  What about his alleged partner in crime, Ben Lorigan, who helped him get the rental car back to PA and who regularly visits him in jail? and calls and speaks with him on the jail house telephone?

In retrospect, it appears that the writing has been on the wall for a very long time.  It also appears that those closest to him were able to read it yet did nothing to help him.  It took more than Ryan Daniel Buell to create a patch of destruction and deception of this magnitude.  We’ve seen this pattern before and it’s all too familiar in show business.

I guess the biggest question is not where is Ryan Buell but where are THEY now?

Senior editor: Kelly Griffin.

Paranormal Herald:Evan Jensen

Sources:

Former ‘Paranormal State’ star Ryan Buell arrested

Ryan Buell cancels paranormal tour, claims health problems (UPDATE: Fans file complaints)

UPDATE: TV Ghost Hunter Ryan Buell’s Mom Says “He’s Ill, But Not From Cancer”

17 thoughts on “Ryan Buell: Where Are They Now?

1. Reblogged this on Kerberos616.

Liked by 1 person

Posted by kerberos616 | October 9, 2016, 3:48 pm
    • A problem I’ve had with the article above is the statement “…no answers from his associates, only quick statements separating themselves from him. ” As one who fought for years to expose Buell and his frauds, I’d just like to know why you made the above assertion with no citation, quote or source.

Posted by Eric Cardinal Priest Hernandez | January 28, 2017, 7:44 pm
      • Oh you meant this source.

UPDATE: TV Ghost Hunter Ryan Buell’s Mom Says “He’s Ill, But Not From Cancer”

Posted by Paranormal Herald Admin | January 30, 2017, 4:55 am
      • Ah ha! The “Most Reverend Antonio Hernández, O.M.D., U.B.” strikes again! Only this time he is now “Eric Cardinal Priest Hernandez.” What a feat to be a Buddhist monk, a rabbi, and now Catholic Cardinal all rolled into one solitary person!

Posted by Alex Kennedy | March 14, 2017, 2:43 am
      • Alex tell me more about your comments who is being what?

Posted by Paranormal Herald Admin | March 14, 2017, 4:01 am
  2. With so many folks involved into what allegedly looks like a bad scene from Creephouse,it is almost entirely difficult to know who has done what with all the shifting blame around. But it is our hopes that with these articles folks will soon have a lot of un-answered questions answered and it is also our hopes that no other people will ever fall victim to the alleged scams, we have seen with this PRS and this reality star over the years.

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Paranormal Herald Admin | October 10, 2016, 1:18 am
  3. Hey, good article…. kinda coovers it all. I’m reading where there’s many angry people just wanting their money back and feeling as if they’re banging their heads against the wall.
    I can feel compassion for his situation….. then again he doesn’t owe me $500 but I’ve been taken a few times for more than that…. finally hit me that most aren’t honest anymore,years back if someone lent you money or vice versa, it was paid back, forget that shit these days and I definitely back away from all these people with their gofundme things, I give when I’m moved to but most seem to just be holding out their hand for a free ride, not taking responsibility for their own lives… it’s like internet welfare.
    I wish Ryan all the best in overcoming addiction, hopefully making amends to his followers and fans.
    I noticed he wasn’t read his rights, you gotta wonder if that’s enough to get those charges dropped.

Liked by 1 person

Posted by Womanspirit | October 10, 2016, 6:19 am
  4. I think if you refer to Sergey as Ryan’s “roommate,” you may know a lot less about where everyone in Buell’s life has been and is now, lol.
    But on a more serious note, being that the people in question are all celebrities and professionals in their respective fields, we really just see their public personas and it’s no surprise that none of them would have said anything publicly about what’s been going on. It would have been mainly hearsay and that just looks bad if you’re the one saying it with no or little hard evidence. Plus, if you’re someone’s friend, social media isn’t generally where you try to help. It’s done privately. I’m sure everyone he knows and who cares about him hoped to help him without the public getting involved.

Liked by 4 people

Posted by MistressMaryXOXO | October 11, 2016, 2:59 am
    • Mistress marry,thanks for your input it is appreciated.We know Sergey is not any longer his room mate,we also know their is a new man in the picture.I will respectively disagree on one small topic here,it is the position I and a many many others have held,that if these coat tail riders and people whom have most definitely enabled Buell,it is exactly why he has allegedly fallen so badly.The only true person we have seen trying to help Buell as of recent was his mom.

Liked by 2 people

Posted by Paranormal Herald Admin | October 11, 2016, 9:53 am
      • But we really don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes. We are just the public. I’m sure there are people enabling him, but I think it’s unjust to generalize and to blame everyone closest to him. Yes, I am sure there are people who are enabling him but I also believe that he holds much of the responsibility of his own actions. First step to recovery is admitting one is an addict; it isn’the going to work if one blames everyone else. But we just don’t know who has done what to help or hurt. Like I said, we are only the public.

Liked by 3 people

Posted by MistressMaryXOXO | October 11, 2016, 12:14 pm
      • Mistress Marry,you have a valued point.it is why this paper has used statements from people who were extremely close to him. Business partners,associates, the like.Recovery is admitting he is or was an addict,if that is his issues and according to resources it was said his addiction.We do know,that many folks inside PRS knew about the issues but did continue to indulge the star.It is a sad day actually.,but we also hope him well,as well as hope he gets his people paid of money he did take for events that did not happen.

Liked by 2 people

Posted by Paranormal Herald Admin | October 11, 2016, 8:20 pm
  5. I love him no matter what I will pray for his recovery

Posted by Amelia C. Thomas | October 26, 2016, 8:31 pm
    • so it is definitely OK to like a reality star but to say no matter what is a little shameful. there were a lot of folks who got cheated dint you feel bad for any of them?

Posted by Paranormal Herald Admin | October 29, 2016, 2:26 am
  6. Could we have more updated reports please. At the vary least a distraction from waiting for the nukes to drop. The best would be to hear he is doing better. Sometimes we all need to step back to see what is in front of us. Unfortunately there are those who prefer to be blind. Some will recover, some will not. It is so sad to say we live in a throw away society. It’s much easier to ignore or walk away from someone we profess to love. We don’t want the messiness to rub off on us. And God forbid “people” would look at us for answers when in fact there is only one person who can answer the questions. But, friendship shouldn’t be conditional. At least it shouldn’t. I don’t understand why someone in Ryans life didn’t stand up to him and his problems until it was to late? It wouldn’t be fun for sure, but needed. So one asks, who were and are his friends now and where are they? I guess all those “friends” made on facebook or because of celebrity aren’t really friend’s are they. My mother told me something I have never forgotten. Forgive the corniness. ” False friends are like autumn leaves found everywhere, while true friends are like diamonds beautiful and rare “. Too true. Corny but true. Stay and battle or turn and run.

Liked by 1 person